2013--- Professor, Department of Food Science, Rutgers University at New Brunswick.
2008-2013 Associate Professor, Department of Food Science, Rutgers University at New Brunswick.
2002-2008 Assistant Professor, Department of Food Science, Rutgers University at New Brunswick.
2000-2002 NIST ATP Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemical Engineering, Stanford University/IBM Almaden Research Center, CA,
1998-1999 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemistry, Indiana-Purdue University.
1993-1998 Ph. D. Physical Chemistry, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
1986-1989 Polymer Chemistry, Shanghai University of Science & Technology, B. S. (one-year earlier).
1989-1993 Research Assistant, Laboratory of Polymer Physics, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- The Symposium on Recent Advance in Assembly and Applications of Food Colloids & Biopolymers, American Chemical Society Fall 2014 National Meeting, San Francisco, August 24-28, 2014-------incoming
- The 2012 International Symposium on Polymer and Material Science, Changchun, China, August 1-5, 2012.
- The Symposium on Nano- and Microencapsulation of Active Food Ingredients, American Chemical Society Spring 2007 National Meeting, Chicago, March 25-29, 2007.
- The Symposium on Physicochemical Aspects of Food Biopolymers, American Chemical Society Fall 2007 National Meeting, Boston, August 19-23, 2007.
- The Symposium on Nanotechnology and its Applications on Food and Agricultural Systems, American Chemical Society Spring 2005 National Meeting, San Diego, March 13-17, 2005.
- The Symposium on Recent Developments in Preparative Methods and Physicochemical Study of Micro- and Nanostructures in Food Components, PACIFICHEM 2005, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, Dec. 15-20, 2005.